Sunday 9 November 2008

Saloon Model

Here it is finally my very first building model in Maya. Afetr looking at some western saloons on google images and the film A Fist Full Of Dollars. I decided to base my buildings on these ideas, which I think turned out overall pretty well. I first started with a cube for the bottom half of the building, then I cut in a door way (doh, that's right I forgot to add the swinging doors!) Anyway, I did the same thing for the top. The thing with the top is that I wanted to creat an actual roof with a short wall so I lowerd, it by using the faces option and adding some line with the split line tool to give the wall some depth. Next I made the canopy, I used a cube measured it in realtion to the building using the grid, then I made it thick slight slightly and I put it into position. Then I created the bottom, because no saloon is built on the dirt ground itself there's usaully a wooeden floor underneath, afterwards the poles came next, simple stuff. Oh yeah the windows were created in the same fashion as the door.
Well that's how I built it, I think it looks pretty good considering it was my first attempt, I personally like the canopy and the poles, a very nice touch. Well let me know what you guys think, peace!

No comments: